Exponent Leadership Development Process
Develop the professional, organizational, and emotional skills to be the manager that people look to as the reason to remain with the organization.
What is it?
A 10- to 18-month leadership development process where your leaders will be guided and supported through management development processes and models while connecting the curriculum directly to their leadership accountability and authority.
Why does it matter?
People join organizations and leave due to bad managers. There’s a good chance you have experienced the personal and organizational damage caused by a bad manager. Most people have. This leadership development process supplies you with the skills and practices to be the manager people point to as the reason to stay with the organization.
What are the areas of focus?
While every leadership development process changes to meet the unique needs of an organization, the following areas of focus are meant to share what will be accomplished and developed using Mike’s Exponent Leadership Development Process.
This process contains 15 leadership development components. All components can be fine-tuned and customized to meet your organization’s specific needs, incorporating your existing forms, formats, and language.
- High-Performance Teams
- Goal Setting and Time Span
- Decision Making: Facts and Intuition
- Planning: Creating a Future
- Managing Time: Managing Yourself
- Managerial Problem-Solving
- Leader as Coach
- Coaching Peak Performance
- Building the Capacity for Effectiveness
- Coaching Underperformance
- Managerial Authority: Time Span and Accountability
- Hiring Talent and Time Span
- Bringing Out the Best in People
How will you make progress?
- Develop a community of leaders who can support each other to improve the organization and add value to the decision-making and problem-solving of others
- Select new team members who have the proper skills, capabilities, values, and commitment to fulfill management positions
- Increase retention of people and talent
- Determine the time span, skills, and values of staff
- Implement effective processes and methods
- Decrease decision-making and implementation time
- Turn under-performing staff into high-performing staff
- Implement methods to improve people, processes, and profit
- Turn high-performing staff into exceptionally high-performing staff
- Increase trust in your leadership
- Increase your discretionary time