Talent Pool Development
A process to develop individuals with the necessary skills, knowledge, and competencies both cognitively and behaviorally for enhanced performance within the organization.
What is it?
A process to develop people within the organization with the necessary skills, knowledge, and competencies (both cognitively and behaviorally) for enhanced performance. A mentoring program that will work to help to develop skills and knowledge focused on ensuring the organization’s long-term success. A purposeful path for job accountability and authority. An internal culture of continuous improvement, which occurs through succession planning and continued development of people and processes. All of these are substantial ways to advance the talent within your organization.
Why does it matter?
The talent pool development process aligns individuals’ aspirations and skills with the company’s current and future needs so that the interests of both can be supported. It is designed to increase productivity, create trust and to foster conditions where each employee is provided the greatest opportunity for creative expression through work performed for the company.
What are the areas of focus?
While every organization development process changes to meet your organization and leaders where they are, the following areas of focus are meant to share what will be accomplished and developed.
- Understanding the current condition
- Identifying what talent is within your organization
- Putting differences to work in talent development
Coaching and feedback will be offered with organization development areas for enhanced internal systems and processes to the organization and high potential staff. Mike will serve as a resource coach and team development specialist for the group while they are achieving the determined areas of improvement.
How will you make progress?
- Competency metrics for internal benchmarking of current talent
- Creation/Enhancement of interview processes to identify candidates for promotion and hiring
- A focused mentorship program
- Learning and development for mentors
- Coaching for the mentors and their immediate supervisors
- Integration of the new systems and complementing existing systems for performance appraisals
- Increased efficiency through people doing their best work
- Decreased dependence on managers to consistently solve problems
- Continuous improvement of team culture
- Appointing internal subject matter experts and integrating performance support systems