Solution-Focused Leadership Development
Solution-focused leadership is finding what works and doing more of it.
What is it?
This leadership development process offers a solution-focused, evidence-based methodology.
The solution-focused leadership approach simply and easily integrates into your existing management structure. The process supports leaders in increasing employees’ decision-making and judgment. The process creates a culture of motivation, focusing on what is working and how to do more of it. Solution-focused leadership develops organizations, teams, and leaders into experts in what works.
Why does it matter?
This method’s value is that by focusing on what you want the solution to be, instead of emphasizing the problem, your time and focus are on developing action steps toward the solution. The problem is known and acknowledged. The solution is to examine what you know by assessing what resources you have—the need to solve your problems in your context and learn how to improve continually.
What are the areas of focus?
While every leadership development process changes to meet your leaders where they are, the following focus areas are meant to share what will be accomplished and developed.
- Solution-Focused Leadership as Distinct from Traditional Leadership
- Solution-Focused Goal Setting
- Solution-Focused Leadership 1-on-1
- Solution-Focused Coaching for Performance
- Solution-Focused Team Leadership
- Solution-Focused Delegation
- Solution-Focused Performance Appraisal
- Using Solution-Focused Leadership for Underperforming Employees
- Solution-Focused Leadership in Action
How will you make progress?
- Enhanced problem-solving
- Problems are solved quickly, and solutions last for a longer duration.
- The creation of shared solutions in line with the goals of the organization
- Enhanced decision-making, judgment, and solution-finding for leaders and employees
- Increased retention of talent and knowledge within the organization