5 Mistakes in Designing & Leading Teams
The slides above share some interesting ideas on trip wires or mistakes that are common in designing and leading teams, and 3 ideas on improving team work.
- Call the performing unit a team but really manage members as individuals.
- Fall off the authority and accountability balance beam.
- Assemble a large group of people, tell them in general terms what needs to be accomplished, and let them “work out the details.”
- Specify challenging team objectives, but skimp on organizational supports.
- Assume that team members already have all the competence they need to work well as a team.