I’m offering 3 webinars for the ASQ Human Development & Leadership Division. They are free to attend. If you are interested in attending all you have to do is register.
You can attend all 3 – they will slightly build upon each other. Or you can attend the webinar that interests you.
The ASQ Human Development and Leadership Division’s goal this year is to present webinars that improve the capabilities of our audience.
Innovation Tools for Quality Teams
A 3-part webinar series
- Format; Each webinar will last 60 minutes, including a 12-minute question period at the end.
- They are free to attend and start at 7:00pm EST
Webinar Series Overview:
This 3-part webinar series provides participants a toolbox of methods and skills for creativity and innovation that are instantly transferable to their work. Using a mixture of TRIZ inventive problem solving, creative problem solving and brain-based leadership models, participants will find solutions to existing organizational situations that change how they think about a particular product/service and organizational process
Who Should Attend?
- The content will be applicable to anyone who has the ability to make a change to how work is completed and is able to have an impact on improving and creating new products and services.
- Those at a level removed from front-line work whether in management or individual contributing roles will benefit greatest.
- Possible people to attend: Human Resources Directors, Quality Directors, Production Supervisors, Chief Operations Officers, Team Leaders, Product Designers, Training Directors, Financial Managers, Engineers, and others that have an impact of the products and services offered by their organization.
What are the outcomes?
- Models and methods to think differently about existing problems that will lead to innovative products and processes.
- Challenge old ways of thinking and design new paradigms to drive greater success.
- How to promote idea development.
- Steps to develop organizational absorptive capacity of the change idea.
- Learn ways to overcome “stuckness” in your thinking and quickly solve problems.
- How to have discussions to lead others to think differently.
- Use existing resources and knowledge to innovate solutions.
Specific Webinar Content
1. Thinking Differently – Enabling Innovation
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EST
- Specific Tool: Nine Windows
- Creative thinking is a critical skill required by all people within their roles at work. It is often done by trial and error – the thinker creates an idea and determines if it will work. Not only is trial and error limited by personal knowledge, thinking is also constrained by a “stuckness” in how things are and how they should be.
Outcomes from Thinking Differently – Enabling Innovation
- Understanding and various uses of Nine Windows, a TRIZ inventive problem solving tool.
- Use of Nine Windows to break “stuckness” in thinking and view solutions from a systemic level.
To register for Part 1, follow this link: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/943767823
2. Broadening Assumptions to Find a Better Way
- Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EST
- Specific Tool: Current Method :: Better Way Matrix
- Every company, team and person has established patters of What, Where, When, Who and How something gets done. It ranges from simple things like arriving at work and when we take a break to complex things like employee onboarding and hiring practices. Taking time as a team to challenge existing presumptions and work to create small steps, can break inertia (stuckness) in how your project team operates, while creating a shared understanding of why we are here and how we can improve things.
Outcomes from Broadening Assumptions to Find a Better Way
- Understanding and various uses of the Current Method :: Better Way Matrix.
- Use of Current Method :: Better Way Matrix to illicit feedback from various people who work at the site of the problem.
To register for part 2, follow this link: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/932420735
3. Seeing Problems Differently Results in Different Solutions
- Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EST
- Specific Tool: DTC (Dimensions, Time, Cost) Operator
- DTC Operator is one of my favorites for working with teams that feel stuck or just cannot move out of their own way to explore the system and problem from a different perspective. It allows people to work in extremes and through those extremes they see possibilities that felt silly or just wrong before.
Outcomes from Seeing Problems Differently Results in Different Solutions
- Understanding and various uses of DTC Operator.
- Use of DTC Operator to find inventive solutions to challenges.
To register for part 3, follow this link: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/944374415