Set Goals + Treat People Like Adults = Amazing results
Mike rants about the necessity of letting the group know that they are going to be involved in a team building and / or leadership program. For the greatest value to the company, employee, management and facilitator the following is requisite;
- Place the team building program on the agenda of the meeting
- Explain to employees the Goals, Objectives and reason why, as a leader you felt that team building was important and necessary at this time.
- Explain the behaviors that you expect of everyone (yourself included).
When you treat people like adults and allow them to choose their reaction (which is something you cannot control) they behave like adults.
Workshops mentioned in the this talk;
- 7 Steps to High Performance Teams
- 3 Reasons your leadership sucks…and how to improve it.
- Creativity To Innovation
- Exponent Leadership
michael cardus is create-learning