People join companies, and leave managers…
Be the reason people stay with your company
Every employee is entitled to have a competent manager with the capability to bring value to their problem solving and decision making. This can be accomplished through the Exponent Leadership Process. Contact Mike make your team and leaders better.
A Manager providing Coaching & Feedback to subordinates is a necessary activity in EVERY MANAGER’S day. The role of a manager is to add value to the decision making and judgment of the people they manage. As employees and Managerial Leaders, we all agree that Coaching is important. BUT the understanding and purpose of Why coaching is important remains unclear to most.
purposes Of Coaching;
- Support subordinates in seeing the full opportunities in their roles at work. Meaning they know and can learn from the full range of tasks and complexity in completing these task that are inherit in the work they are doing. Plus to comprehend what they need to do to take advantage of these opportunities.
- To assist in learning new Skilled Knowledge. For example; policies and procedures, LOPs, SOPs, technology, operation of machines, planning processes.
- To explain, explore and bring subordinates values more in line with corporate values and philosophy.
- To assist in developing Wisdom. For example; building on the manager’s experience in handling challenging situations and sharing stories of learned failures plus successes to help the subordinate grow wise in the way of the Company and world.
- To smooth out any Behavior or Negative Temperament (-T) that may be deleterious to the subordinate being effective with the work. Behavior that if continued will become dysfunctional at work is –T.
- Coaching Does Not involve trying to change a person’s personality; that is NOT a concern on the manager. If there are major Temperament problems, then the manager should make time available for a subordinate to seek professional off-site counseling, if they so desire.
Interested in enhancing or developing a Managerial Coaching Process within your organization and team? Looking to improve your existing managers coaching skills? Contact Mike to discuss and learn more about our Managerial Coaching Training Programs.