Here is a list that a group I facilitated came up with.
- A clear understanding of expectations — “the Goal”;
- Time and authority parameters (prioritizing);
- And a little on why/how it fits with the bigger picture.
- Some freedom to exercise choices, operate with a level of independence on how to proceed with work.
- And continued opportunities to learn, so that our ability to make good choices is always growing.
Ability to Plan
- We like to be able to plan things out, know as early as possible about projects, to minimize surprises and make things go well. Helps for cross-training/coverage.
- The more we get things ‘in process’, the easier it is to remain flexible for last minute requests, help others.
- Being able to predict and gather the supplies needed;
- Having tools in good working order (computers, printers, copiers, scanners, technology)
michael cardus is create-learning