About 2 years ago I created 12 on-line Team Building & Development sessions for a company. We called it ‘Helping Teams Work’. It was meant to be short, less than 5 minutes, & give 1 concrete action step people can apply to their work on teams…
They liked it & I enjoyed trying to make content that did not require me to be present.
Below is the 12th of 12 ‘Helping Teams Work’ content sections.
- Biggest Team Leader Mistake
- Team Meetings Making them good enough to get work done
- Making team decisions through consensus
- Team Based Conflict Management Approaches
- Teamwork Through Consensus or Compromising
- When Team Members get Difficult
- My Team Has Problems
- Team Influence Strategies
- Is Your Data Persuasive?
- Recognizing Resistance To Your Team Project or Team Work
- Identifying reasons people may resist your teamwork
Resistance to Your Team Project
Do’s and Don’ts for Dealing with Resistance to Your Team Project
What to Do When You’re Not Getting Cooperation
- Learn to recognize whether what’s happening really is resistance
- Understand possible reasons why people would resist your project
- Learn and apply steps to maximize cooperation and minimize resistance
The checklist in the powerpoint above provides guidance on how to effectively deal with resistant behavior … and what not to do.