Have you ever wondered, why do we care what someone who is watching us thinks? Especially when it’s someone close like a spouse or loved one. Possibly someone who has control over your work, like your manager or subordinate.
Reflecting on metaphysics and religious doctrines the ‘Observer’ is omnipresent, omniscient. Always watching and knowing our deepest inner most thoughts, behaviors, actions, morals…offering the possibility of forgiveness if we follow the proper path. ‘He sees you when you’re sleeping, he knows if you’re awake, he knows if you’ve been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.”
The ability to think about your Situation – determine what you want to have happen the solution to the problem. Then determine what an Observer would see and how they would describe what you are going through, can lead to positive breakthroughs in team and management and personal needs.
If someone who knew you would find the solution was to describe what is happening, how would they describe it?
- Think about what words and actions they would see you doing, when you are moving towards the solution.
- How might the Observer notice small-steps of success?
- How might the Observer notice how you handled regress and continued to move forward?
- What would the Observer share with you about, what has impressed them with your actions so far?
- What would you share with the Observer, in what ways would you share the small-steps and successes you are experiencing?
Try it, and let us know what happens.