Resiliency is the psychological capacity to deal with stress.
I have heard resiliency 7 time this week; twice when facilitating a corporate group, in three 1 on 1 leadership coaching sessions, and twice more with 2 middle school groups.
Team-Building is a practice in resiliency. One part is the personal ability of the individual to continue through a process once the fun stops, develop a solution, be facilitated through understanding the process & learn adaptive techniques.
The other part is team resiliency. The ability of a team to develop a shared psychological state of working through challenges and staying together, working through conflicts and coming out stronger on the other side. Allowing each team member to use their talents and abilities in an autonomous manner, while still focusing on the the set goal and challenge.
- Resiliency is gained when the team struggles through tasks, and they analyze their action, reflect upon the analysis and instill changes from the actions.
- Resiliency is gained when teams develop and take autonomy through their time & techniques & talents.
- Resiliency is gained when the leader knows and cares about the strengths, gaps and talents of the individual.
- Resiliency is gained when the leader focuses on removing situations that that impede the team member and teams success
- Resiliency is gained when the teacher teaches through content and models experience, guidance, and struggles
- Resiliency is gained when the teacher steps aside and allow the students to fail – THEN the teacher facilitates the students to develop success.
- TeamBuilding develops resilience in people when the facilitator focuses on bright spots
- TeamBuilidng develops resilience in teams when they overcome specific, clear and distinct tasks. THEN they are guided in a discussion
- TeamBuilding develops resilience when two various modes of thought are connected to find a new cognitive solution
- TeamBuilding develops resilience when individuals set personal goals and they are achieved
- TeamBuilding develops resilience when individuals stop and Listen to themselves and others.
Resiliency can be found and located within yourself, team, organization, leadership when you allow yourself, team, organization, leadership to; L.E.A.R.N
- Analyze the Action
- iNstill; iNternalize; iNstitutionalize
michael cardus is create-learning