Consulting and coaching a management team, following a meeting, I asked them to write responses to the following 3 questions:
- What is distinctive about our work?
- What do we do good enough?
- What would our best customer notice about our executive team meetings?
They felt the third question of ‘what would our best customer notice?’ was the most useful. They enjoyed the phrasing of someone watching them and working to understand how an observer dedicated to their success would notice their companies’ success in the team meetings.
We spent about 45 minutes sharing and documenting our responses. Then identified:
- One distinctive area to gather current data on
- One working well area to implement into our weekly meetings
- Three observer areas to improve
The team shared with me that those three simple questions have made the most impact on their team meetings.