People on teams are influential in creating self-sanctioning actions for maladaptive behaviors.
High Functioning Teams and the people in these teams generally share values that lead to a commitment to excellent work and achievement.
The Managerial Leader must play an essential role in developing steps for continued positive behaviors and handle maladaptive behaviors in the same manner as under-performance with a task assignment.
Here are five leadership values that you expect from leadership:
- Integrity: to behave honestly.
- Commitment: to express one’s full potential capability and energy in work.
- Reliability: consistently counted upon to do what is expected or required.
- Initiative: to originate new ideas or methods without being asked.
- Co-operativeness: to work together with others for a common purpose.
I argue that these are psychological imperatives that all people need to do their best work and flourish.