With the end of the year approaching, this week is a great to share some of my favorites of 2011. Here is the schedule it may change;
- 12/27/11 – Photos of Teams
- 12/28/11 – Images used in presentations & Articles
- 12/29/11 – Team Building & Leadership activity (simulation)
- 12/30/11 – Blog article
- 12/31/11 – NEW YEARS!
Favorite Team Building & Leadership Activities + Simulations 2011
- In no particular order.
Some of these were posted here. Some were leaked super secret like to the Create-Learning Letter a mostly-monthly e-newsletter that has TeamBuilding, Leadership & experiential theory + activities CLICK HERE to sign-up.
- Planning Path forces the teams to clarify accountabilities of the plan and necessary time-frames coordinating the effort of all the individuals into one system
Communicate This & Stick it here!
- Complex simulation illustrating communication by people listening and sharing information in a manner that other people can understand the message being received as well as sent.
Processing the Experience Using Mouse Traps
- Utilizing an active reviewing method (as opposed to a passive method which is question & answer) aids people in creating brain based connection from the team building activity to their work, lives, community, etc…
- Real-Time planning at the location of the problem to be solved.
Cycle Time Puzzle Variation: Puzzle Connection
- Puzzle Connection focuses on collaboration and decision making. Teams practice problem solving and communication skills, and increase their understanding of the need for constant communication between existing teams.
- Here is an opening activity that I use in DiSC Workshops. The purpose is to open the understanding of perceptual awareness and that we all have beliefs about ourselves, others, and our organization.
- For participants to experience a D – Dominance type culture. In this activity all people are asked to use their Dominance to accomplish a task that has a tight time frame and a decision must be made.
- Dimension Time Cost Operator (DTC) – is a tool for for seeing problems differently exploring ideas of extremes in size and cost. The DTC Operator can work to release Psychological Inertia.
- Using nine windows serves us in discovering solutions by understanding the problem in the context of the past, present and future along with exploring the problem in the Super-System, current System, and Sub-System.
- Individuals on teams when involved in challenges are really close to the problem and taking a Plan:Do:Check:ACT (PDCA) break will create clarity and teach a model of action steps and solutions finding in real-time examples.
everyone BUT YOU knows the best choice
- In what ways, besides just telling you which rope was the correct choice, could the people and teams support, guide, serve your team in making the right choice?
How To Process + De-Brief Team Building Activities
- Team Building Facilitators lead activities that add value to the organization, team and person. This is established and created through purposeful processing and de-briefing of the activities. Allowing for functional tie-backs and applications