“The challenge of leadership on any level – is to change continuously and, nevertheless, always remain together!” – Ichak Adizes
Teams grow & change.
Growth may align with personal, organizational or task growth.
As a team having awareness & preparedness for growth may help.
Growth takes pain, discomfort and hopefully learning from a new set of problems.
Questions to coach a team through growth:
- How did the team get to where it is currently?
- How did each team member manage to be a part of where the team is currently?
- What did the team have to learn along the way?
- What did each team member have to learn along the way?
- What pace was ‘quick enough’ to keep the teams’ work/output sustainable?
- What 1 to 3 things are needed to make progress?
- Which is a priority right now?
- Who can the team go to for help?
- How will the team notice growth? How will team members notice growth?
- What problems will detract us from making progress?
- When those problems occur how will we make progress?
- What indicators have we found useful to show that progress is being made?
- Our next team experiment?
- When will we meet to share what we learned?