Solution-Finding & Innovation Thinking is more than a set of tools. It is a different way of thinking and approaching work. Plus, I enjoy finding and phrasing questions that break stuckness in thinking.
- Looking at what you want to be SOLVED … When many systems are created they have steps that are purposely duplicative. As the system matures the duplicative steps will become a waste or drain on the work.
- Eliminate from the system an operation or step that is either no longer needed or is redundant.
- Keeping an unnecessary action or step detracts from the system’s performance.
- What unnecessary actions are a part of the system?
- How can I remove unnecessary actions from the system?
- How will I monitor progress/regress from this removal?
- What do I expect to improve in the system?
What do you think?
Share your responses and practice being Solution-Focused.