Working with teams over several months allows the team to take the time to test what worked, how it worked, it what context & with whom it worked; plus the same can be applied to what did not work. Keeping me informed of their results so I can change & re-work the content & consult to build upon what worked & muffle what did not.
Below is an agenda for the 3rd full day Team Building & Leadership Development workshop offered to an IT department. You can see Day 1 7 Steps to High-Performance Teams, Day 2 Accountability, and Authority Within Your Role.
a) To tie together content from past sessions + coaching meetings + project team consulting meetings
- 7 Steps to High-Performance Teams
- Goal Setting & Time Span
- Managerial-Stratums and Complexity of work
- Accountability & Cross Functional Role Relationships
b) Develop 1 action step that can be utilized and tested within the work.
c) Develop learning teams to enhance the management and work of the department.
- Why don’t employees do what they are supposed to do?
- Solution-Focused coaching teams and management
- Utilization of A3, Project Charters, and Cascade of Management to coach appraise and supply feedback in monthly (or shorter) time-frames to management & subordinates.
|8:00am||Mike Cardus arrives for set up|
Individuals / Table Groups
|Mike welcomes everyone & reviews learning objectives + the feedback on what is working well within the teams.
The Blind Side this will be framed based on what we have covered over the past 6 months.
Partners to small teams
|Trust Trap Sequence
|2:00-2:30||Why don’t employees do what they are supposed to do?
|2:45-3:15||Overview of SOLVED Solution-Focused Coaching Model & application to earlier content.
Mixed teams of 6 people
|Practice of Team Coaching using the SOLVED – Solution Focused Method.|
|4:00-4:30||Small teams share what was useful….and some needed next steps.|
|4:30-DONE||COO wrap-up and next steps….|