When I feel overwhelmed, lost, stuck, unsure of what to do that happens every day…Having a method to focus my thoughts and next steps brings me back to getting work done.
Find a quiet place. Take a deep breath. Identify the issue or item or idea or thing that you want SOLVED.
Read through and respond to the questions below. Take between 2 to 4 minutes to respond to the question and then think about the question some more and your response. Be aware of how the response changes and your solution starts to become clearer.
- If you accomplish what you want to have happen, what are you doing?
- It’s 3 days from now and you SOLVED this problem. Who would be the first person to notice? What would they notice? What else?
- What is happening now that’s maintaining your current level of effort? 0—1—2—3—4—5—6—7—8—9—10
- What have you already accomplished?
- When you have found solutions in the past how did you know that things are better? How is that already happen?
- All that’s need is one small step. Once you take that step how will you evaluate success?
Now that you know your next small step…having an image to anchor your solution into may help in stimulating your work.
What do you think?
Share your responses and practice being Solution-Focused.