A client was holding a significant internal networking event that consisted of ~200 employees worldwide, all meeting to discuss the future of work, plus how the company and each person can support leadership and development internally.
Support in the Workplace:
- Share an example of you or another person you know feeling support within the workplace?
- What did that support look like? How did you or the other person notice this?
- How did you or the other person react to this support?
- Who else noticed this happening?
- What about your experience do you feel other people should know?
- You are sharing this example with your current or future grandchildren, what would you want them to remember – what is the moral of your story?
- Share a recent example you were a part of or that you noticed happened to someone else of leadership? Was this experience one you would like to have happen more often?
- In your example, was a focus on the task, the team, the individual?
- In your example, you or the other person was motivated by autonomy, mastery, competence?
- What behaviors do you feel would make the workplace better within your company (or immediate circle of impact)? How do you know those behaviors would make a difference? What will you see when difference happens?
- Share an example of your own or someone else’s experience moving up or progressing in their career?
- How did the person in your example make progress happen?
- What part did their employer play in that progress?
- In your example(s), decisions were made focusing on the present, hope for the future, values of the past? Share some context around your response?
- How would you behave differently in your current workplace if you knew that failure and stagnation were your future? What are you currently exhibiting from those behaviors, even a little bit?
- What will you notice or what progress clues will you see when you are on a better career path?
Creativity and Applied Innovation
- Share an example of when you or someone you know had a creative idea that would help your current manager or employer?
- How was this idea greeted? From that greeting, did that motivate you or the person or demotivate you or the person?
- In your example, the main problem was staff burnout, poor communications, or lack of resources? Share some context around your answer?
- In the past, when you found creative ways to make progress in your work, what did you do, and how did you make it happen?
- With your example(s), how might you have approached your manager or employer differently to gain more support?